Sunday, June 17, 2012

Baytowne beer garden

Every year our family usually goes to the beach for a summer trip. We typically stay in Sandestin, Florida. Besides the beach, the area offers other attractions such as great outlet mall shopping, and a community called the Village of Baytown Wharf.

Baytowne Wharf has several shops, restaurants and attractions for kids. We spend one evening of our annual trip there to walk around and have dinner. Due to our hiatus from the beach last year, I only now noticed that the wharf has a beer garden. Truth is, it may have been there all along, but I was not as interested as I am now. Anyway, the place looked authentic, or as authentic as one can in a preppy southern venue. The bartender was even dressed as a St.Pauli girl.

I had a small dunkel, pictured. Dark beers such as Dunkels are usually my favorites. This one was bitter like I like, but as usual, I had built my expectations too high. The taste was ok, but the $8 price tag for the half liter made its taste even less appealing.

I should know by now that the best times I have with beer are when I have no expectations. But as I believe, even the worst beer is better than no beer at all.

Cheers!

6 comments:

  1. I was hoping you would include pictures in your blog. Very well done, I must say. Are you still in Florida? If so, bring back some yuengling for me! Also, what brewery did the Dunkel come from?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is that a Hofbrau Dunkel? I used to be all over that stuff back in college at Cooter Brown's! I remember once we blew money on a 6 pack to bring on a road trip. Oh, good times.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We are back from Florida. I did not bring back the Lager, but I do have several Black & Tans that you are welcome to the next time you are in town. The Dunkel was from the Baytown Beer Garden.

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Joo It is a Hofbrau Dunkel.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Man, now I want one. Cheers, Matt! Digging the blog.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks Justin. I appreciate it.

    ReplyDelete