Thursday, June 14, 2012

Welcome to the collar

As a starter, let me introduce myself. My name is Matt Manning, I am a CPA by trade, husband to Margaret, and father to two girls, Regan (7) and Addison (5). However the most important fact about me that you should know as it relates to this blog is that I love beer. So many of the most enjoyable moments in my life have beer as a common ingredient. In fact, I am having a beer as I type right now. A Yuengling lager, to be more specific.

My beer philosophy(if you could call it that) is very simple, if you like the taste of a certain kind of beer, who am I to try to convince you that you shouldn't like it. I simply wish to share some of what I like and hear from others about they like. I fully acknowledge my limitations regarding being able to explain what I like about certain beers. Sometimes a simple, "ahh that tastes like beer should taste", is good enough.

As I mentioned above, part of what I enjoy about beer is how it seems to enhance good times. Therefore, the discussion on the collar will not just be hardcore beer facts and ratings, but will include the experiences with those beers.

Finally, about the name, the Bishop's Collar refers to the foamy head on top of a beer poured into a glass. I always liked the term and thought it was a nice fit.

I hope you enjoy the blog I look forward to hearing from you. Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment