Monday, August 20, 2012

A reason to celebrate

Yesterday was my oldest daughter, Regan's 8th birthday. As has been our tradition, we let the birthday girl pick where we have dinner on her birthday. Having little concern for the beer selection at a particular restaurant, she initially decided to eat at McDonald's. My girl is a cheap date. Don't get me wrong, I like a quarter pounder with cheese as much (if not more) than the next guy, but not exactly what I was hoping for with a birthday dinner.

After some further discussion, she eventually reconsidered and she caved in to her carnivore tendencies and selected Outback Steakhouse. This kid loves steak and she did her old man a favor by selecting a place that may not have a diverse beer selection, at least had a couple I could live with.

First was a Shock Top Belgian White.


Second was a Samuel Adams Summer Ale.


This was my first Shock Top and I did like it. Some citrus flavor and easy drinking and refreshing. The Sam Adams Summer Ale was a similar story. I have had this one before, but I don't think I have liked the others as much as this one. Could be that we were having a nice family time and that made the beer taste better.


It feels like just yesterday that Regan was born and there is no way it can already be 8 years. Time really moves quickly. As a colleague of mine once said, life is like a roll of toilet paper, the closer you get to the end, the faster it goes. Take some time to enjoy a beer with friends and family. If there is not a reason to celebrate, make one up.

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment