Sunday, July 22, 2012

Beer + friends = good times

I am sure this equation is not news to anyone. I can remember when I was a kid and watching some cowboys on tv sitting around a campfire drinking some Milwaukee's Best (we lovingly referred to it as "the beast") and saying, "It don't get any better than this." Although I don't completely agree, it is hard to beat spending time with good friends drinking good beer. In case you were wondering, Milwaukee's Best would not qualify as good beer.

This weekend we traveled to New Orleans for the 8 and under regional swim meet. Both our girls swim on the Crawfish Aquatics team. We have a great group of friends and really enjoy the time together.

These meets are two days and that means two nights of hanging out in the hotel lobby with our friends and our old friend beer. As usual, I came prepared with a selection from my inventory. This included some selections from the Spoetzel Brewery in Shiner, TX, the Shmaltz Brewery in San Francisco and the Sierra Nevada brewery in California. Also represented was a small Colorado brewery that makes some beer called "the silver bullet." Maybe you have heard of it. That one is for you Mandy.

Unfortunately the only beer picture I got was of the Sierra Nevada Porter.


No full review this time. I did however notice the porter had a creamy chocolate taste with a nice tan head. I will have to pick up another and put some more notes on this one. I very much liked the taste I had. Try not to pay attention to the dork holding the iPad in the picture. Apparently I am not smart enough to know not to take a picture in front of a window. 

Although we did not accomplish our team goal, we had to settle for 2nd place, a good time was had by all. As usual, it was enhanced by some good beers. 

Whether it is the silver bullet, the beast or something else you like, go out and share some with friends. 

For information on the breweries mentioned, please see their websites. 

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment