Wednesday, July 18, 2012

I don't want to go off on a rant here...

When I was a kid growing up in New Orleans, one of the local TV stations would end their newscast with an editorial. It was always given by an old, fat guy with a white beard named Phil Johnson. He would talk for a couple of minutes about whatever topic was topical and provide his opinion about it. I figured that he must have been important if the station let him say whatever he wanted about the topic. Only did I learn later that opinions are like a certain body part and that everyone has them and they all stink. However that will not deter me from providing my opinion on something.

Sorry to borrow an old line from Dennis Miller, but one of my frustrations as a beer fan is the lack of knowledge of people who serve beer at local establishments. Not so much lack of knowledge of beer in general, but lack of knowledge of their own menus. Sorry to sound like the old guy complaining all the time, but it gets old. Two examples that I have experienced recently with the same group of friends:

Earlier this week, I went to dinner with some friends, coincidentally, two guys that inspired me to start the blog. We went to a local sports bar that you may have heard of. Its name rhymes with Muffalo Rild Rings. I arrived before the others did and took a look at the beer menu. I was pleased to see that they had a section of the menu dedicated to craft beer. I did not find any on draft that I had not tried, but decided to have a local one, the LA 31 Boucanee. When I requested it from the waiter, you would have thought I was speaking German based on the look on his face. He appeared to have never heard of it, even though it was clearly printed on the menu. He walked over to someone who knew more about the menu and informed me that they did not have it anymore. I wonder if they ever did.

I then decided to wait for the others to arrive to try again with a selection. Looking at the bottled beer listing, there was a hefeweizen that I had not tried before and asked the waiter for it. This time, I think I must have spoken in Kling-on. He had clearly not heard of it and when I showed it to him on the menu he gave an excuse that the menu is company wide and they did not have this beer. Conceding defeat I ordered a beer that they did have.

I wish I could say this was the first time a situation like this has happened to me. Of course you probably know that is not the case. A couple years ago, a new establishment opened in a trendy neighborhood in my town. The place called the Tap Room billed itself as a beer lover's paradise. Needless to say, I was pretty excited. The first couple of times I went I was impressed. Their menu was lengthy with dozens of hard to find beers on tap or in bottles.

As time went on, the mission of this place seemed to change. Their menu shrunk and they more focused on selling the Buds, Coors and Millers of the world. I get it. Likely there are not many beer dorks like myself coming in to try the unique beers, so they sell the domestic lagers and pilsners to people just looking to get a buzz on. I don't begrudge them making a profit, however if you bill yourself as a place to get hard to find beers, you should have them.

A month ago I went to the Tap Room with the same buddies from the previous story and was very disappointed to see what has become of this place. Their menu was smaller, but still had several beers I had not tried before, or so I thought. I ordered 3 different beers on their menu and was told that they no longer carried any of them. The frustrated bartender eventually suggested that I disregard the menu and look at the cooler to see what they have. Why should I have to do this? How hard is it to update your menu? My beef is more that their menu did not reflect what they had. If I had never seen the name of a beer I was interested in, I would not have had my hopes up.

I have never worked in or owned a bar or restaurant, but it does not seem to be difficult to update a menu, or train your staff on what is or is not available.  I just don't get it.

Needless to say, I will be trying to find other places to continue with this hobby.

The preceding reflects the thoughts and opinions of the blogger only.

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment