Friday, July 6, 2012

Dogfish Head Indian Brown Ale

I have complained more than once about the inability to get some regional craft beers in my area. Therefore, I rely on the kindness of friends in obtaining hard to find beers that are out of my area. So is the case with the Dogfish Head brewery, located in Delaware.

As luck would have it, one of my pals at work had picked up a 6 pack of the Dogfish Head Indian Brown Ale while he was in Houston for a weekend, and was gracious enough to let me have one. I never look a gift beer in the mouth, thanks Jonathan. This one was truly a gift, and one I enjoyed a lot.


Now that I have given away what I think about it, here is the review.

Appearance: The beer has a dark brown color with a tan head that stays throughout. The carbonation is noted, however the bubbles are small. Cloudy appearance with very nice lacing.

Smell: Aromas of roasted malt and caramel. 

Taste/Mouthfeel: Tastes of roasted malt and dark chocolate and caramel were noted. The beer bills itself as a "well hopped" beer, however it did not have the bitterness that I associate with heavily hopped beers. It did have a heavier mouthfeel, but not as heavy as a stout. Similar taste to Abita Turbodog, for you Louisiana beer fans. 

Overall: I had been saving this one for a week or so and I was glad I did. Very drinkable beer and one that is right up my alley. Nice dark beer color and feel, without being too heavy. Only regret is that I wish I had more than one. I will make a point to pick up some when I am in a place that has it next. 


Cheers!



No comments:

Post a Comment