Saturday, July 7, 2012

The case for canned beer

I will admit that I have a bias about can beer. Now that some craft brewers are putting their beers in cans, I may need to rethink my ways. Below is a link to some discussion about the can debate. Sounds like it is time I give them a shot.

http://eatocracy.cnn.com/2012/07/06/berrong-on-beer-you-say-you-want-a-canvolution/?hpt=hp_bn11

Locally, Abita Brewery has canned three of their most popular beers, Amber, Purple Haze and Jockamo IPA. Time for some research.

Cheers!

2 comments:

  1. I have been a proponent for canned beers for a while now. Since all beers should be poured for the best taste, the protection cans offer makes them much more attractive than bottles. Nola has also started canning their beers. Come October they will be canning my favorite: 7th Street Lemon Basil Wheat.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now that I am reviewing beer, I almost always drink them out of glassware. It would not bother me to drink from cans. I will have to make a trip to NOLA and have you show me around the brewery and the Lemon Basil Wheat. Not doing it for me on the name.

    ReplyDelete