Sunday, July 1, 2012

LA 31 Biere Noire

As promised, even in the hot summer weather, I have another dark beer to review. This one is even darker than the St. Arnold Santo discussed previously. It is also the 2nd offering from the Bayou Teche Brewery, LA 31 Biere Noire.

Since I was pleased with the first of the LA 31 beers I have tried, the Boucanee, I decided to pick up a 6 pack of the Biere Noire at Rouse's market. For a supermarket, they have a very impressive beer selection.




Appearance: The beer is the color of cola and is highly carbonated. When poured into a glass, there was minimal head to speak of. It also had a relatively clear appearance, unlike some cloudy dark beers, like Guinness.

Smell: I really noticed the roasted malt aroma from this beer. It has a very earthy quality to the smell.

Taste/Mouthfeel: Hoppy bite that lingered. More of an IPA taste from what is a dark beer.

Overall: I had higher hopes for this beer from LA 31 as it is more of what I typically like as a style. I don't think I will make this one a regular in my rotation. I prefer the Boucanee to this offering from Bayou Teche.

I bet some of you guys were thinking that I would only put reviews out for beers that I like, or that I like everything I drink. No such luck.

For more information about this beer, please see: http://bayoutechebrewing.com/our-beers/biere-noire/


Cheers!


No comments:

Post a Comment